Thursday 29 March 2007

Exsertus exchange

Soon Im going to stop eating for a while. Not for ever, Im not starving myself but I will stop eating. Not eating is fasting. Fasting while I think about what is happening. Happening in my life, where is my life. where are you in my life. Where will you be in my life when I am fasting. I know you are there I can feel your presence. There are times when I dont eat I dont eat and I think of people who cannot eat who cannot eat because they have no food. there is no food for them to eat. I long to feed those people those people who are dying without food whose lives are taken from them because they have no food. Can you think for a moment about all the people whose lives are desperate because they are hungry. Because they have no food they are hungry and they go to sleep feeling hungry. Their hunger makes me feel sick.Their hunger makes me feel ashamed.

No comments: